AACCP 2021 CALL FOR PAPERS
AACCP (Architecture, Archaeology and Contemporary City Planning) is a multidisciplinary and progressive network, which has gathered together researchers, experts and practitioners from various fields to discuss topics related to urban development and city planning since 2014. One of the main aims of the network is to promote collaboration between different actors and increase understanding of the profitable co-existence of the past, present and future in urban environments. With this task in mind, we are happy to invite you to the eighth AACCP symposium organized in collaboration with the Dynamic Research on Urban Morphology (DRUM) laboratory at Özyeğin University in Istanbul, Turkey on April 26th-May 2nd, 2021.
With the theme CITIES IN EVOLUTION DIACHRONIC TRANSFORMATIONS OF URBAN AND RURAL SETTLEMENTS we are inviting contributors to present papers that fall within the cross section of architecture, archaeology and city planning and are related, but not limited, to the following topics:
- Archaeology, architecture, survey, restoration and design, transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary studies
- Urban and rural evolution, landscape redevelopment and regeneration
- Diachronic urban-territorial studies and “longue durée” history
- Small towns: visions, ideas and realizations – principles in practice
- The role, (mis)use and utilisation of archaeology in city planning and design
- Collaboration between city planners, architects, archaeologists, designers and developers
- Public–private–people partnership in urban planning and archaeology
- Climate crisis, COVID-19 crisis, migration, cities and cultural heritage
- Museums, libraries, universities and the social perspective of heritage
- Functionality, sustainability and attraction of archaeological sites, cities and rural territories
- If you wish to participate in the symposium and present your studies, experiences and ideas at the AACCP2021 in Istanbul, please submit your proposal with an abstract (maximum 3000 characters, including the references, spaces included and a short bio 1000 characters spaces included and a photo, using the abstract template) by January
1525th, 2021.The abstracts will be peer reviewed by the scientific committee; we will announce acceptance by email on February 25th. You may also participate in the meeting without a paper. The programme consists of presentations and discussions, excursions in and outside Istanbul as well as social activities that have proved to be very fruitful and to bring interesting ideas for a new kind of research and collaboration. We will publish the full programme on the website by March 28th, 2021 after the acceptance of papers. Özyeğin University will kindly host the meeting, participation to the symposium is free, but each participant should pay for accommodation, meals, other activities and excursions. All participants, even those who will not present a paper, should register to the symposium by March 1st, 2021. We will send further details about the registration to those who have submitted an abstract by January 15th. The abstracts already accepted for AACCP2020 in Beirut (which was cancelled) will be included in AACCP2021 Istanbul, nevertheless, we kindly ask to the authors who intend to take part to confirm their participation by submitting online the abstract using the new template and registering . The conference will be in a hybrid form, considered the most likely travel restrictions from/to different countries, The conference will take place in different on-site locations all connected synchronously, within this Distributed Conference Virtual Environment (DCVE), it will be possible to organise plenary and parallel sessions as well as real and virtual site visits. If you wish to organise a site visit, please specify it in your online registration form... We will publish the papers of the AACCP2021 in a PDF volume with ISBN code. Deadline for full paper submission (using the provided template is, June 1st 2021. In addition, selected papers might be later considered for publication on “FORMA CIVITATIS: International journal of urban and territorial morphological studies” (IJUTMS), Grünberg Verlag, Weimar-Rostock. http://www.formacivitatis.com/.
We are looking forward to spend productive days together in spring. Welcome to Istanbul.
Istanbul, October 1st, 2020.
On behalf of the organising committee:
Alessandro Camiz and Zeynep Ceylanlı